Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Luscious Yarn




Here is a photo of my latest project and the yarn before I started. I am rather proud of myself for knitting this since I am still a novice knitter. Thanks to Ravelry, I have a whole new world of knitting that is at my fingertips. When I saw this pattern for the first time, I knew that I wanted to knit it but had to wait a while since I had no idea what I was doing. It is the Cedar Leaf Shawlette, by Alana Dakos and it is a beautiful pattern. Her site is Never Not Knitting if you want to see more of her work. The yarn I chose is Madelinetosh Sock yarn in the colorway Copper Penny. It wasn't my first color choice my first choice (Cove) was sold out. I am happy with my shawlette and will do another one soon. Blocking made a huge difference in the final outcome. I will be blocking everything from now on. I have more beads too but that will be in the next post.

No comments: