Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Lotus Hat

I thought that this pattern (Lotus Hat on Ravelry) might be a little difficult but it was really easy.  This hat was made for a sweet family friend who has lost most of her hair due to chemo.  It is 100% cotton and very soft.  I have been stalking Ebay for an antique hat mold that wasn't completely out of my price range.  Looking at the Styrofoam wig stand, I am thinking that there must be a more attractive way to display my hats but  I haven't found one yet.  Let me know if anyone has any suggestions.

2 comments:

Tonya Vollertsen said...

Love the hat! You are so amazing and so kind! You are always doing stuff for other people!
You could try a collage of magazine papers over the wig head. Even just black and white words of different sizes would be cool. Or just pick out different shades of one color and piece them together to make it more neutral if you don't want it to be too distracting from the hats. I love that collage piece you have in your TV room (is it still there?) You are welcome to use my blue head anytime. It's up on the shelf in the art room.

Jan Locander said...

Thank you! I love the word idea! I was actually watching an auction on Ebay for an old set of printing press letters but I was outbid pretty quick. Your blue head would probably not do well in photographs because of the reflective nature of the glass, but thanks for the offer. I like seeing it on your shelf!