Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Ishbel

This has been finished for a while and I thought I would share this wonderful pattern.   I saw this shawl knitted in person and it was absolutely beautiful.  Ysolda Teague is the designer and it is in her first book, Whimsical Little Knits 1.  It is a top down shawl and can be made in different sizes or different yarn weights.  If you look on Ravelry, it has been listed as a project 7,743 times!  This one is the smaller size out of Colinette Jitterbug which is a rather squishy sock weight.  I left off 2 rows on the border because I was afraid I was going to run out of yarn.  I am pleased with this one and will probably make it again.

2 comments:

Tonya Vollertsen said...

Gorgeous! We need to make some silver and glass bead pins for these! We were going to do that one time, what was that for? You are amazing, This is so beautiful!

Jan Locander said...

Thank you! I have been designing shawl pins in my head but that is as far as they have gotten. Remember the fibula pins that I made? Those are too heavy for these light weight shawls. Your smaller hair stick designs would probably work.
Love you!