Sunday, September 05, 2010

Phoncible

I am not sure what that word actually means, but that is the name of my latest hat.  I found the pattern on Ravelry.  What did I ever do before discovering Ravelry?  This one is going to my daughter because she picked out the pattern and the yarn.  The yarn is Noro Kureyon which is rather scratchy to knit with but it should keep her head warm.  I learned how to knit jogless stripes with this pattern and I think I finally got it down.  The hat is not quite a slouchy as it looks because the wig stand has a tiny head.  When I blocked it, I soaked it in hair condition after using Sweater Soak and I think it helped to make it a bit softer.  I hope she likes it!

2 comments:

Tonya Vollertsen said...

I can't even begin to imagine how you would knit jogless stripes! This is beautiful and looks like something Amy would wear. I'm sure she will love it!

Jan Locander said...

Thank you! I read everything online I could find on Jogless stripes. There are different ways to do them depending on whether you are knitting in the round or not and how many rows of different colors you are using. I hope she likes it!