Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Collage

I have made collages before but not exactly like this one.  Most of the papers I used are painted by me.  I enjoy the layering and moving paint around to see what colors and textures will show through in the process.  I discovered what Citrasolv does to National Geographic photos and this includes some of those papers as well.  That was a fun experiment except for all of the honey bees that it attracted.  I have lots of other things stashed away to play with including a paper making kit that a friend found at a garage sale.  All I need is a old blender to start making my own papers.  There are not enough hours in the day.

2 comments:

Tonya Vollertsen said...

Love all the textures! You will have to email me about the magazine pages process! Sounds interesting except for the bees part. You are so good with abstract designs!

Jan Locander said...

Thank you! I will tell you all about it but you have to do it outside because it is stinky. I didn't like the bee part but I guess they thought it was something to eat!