Friday, November 25, 2011

Glass Leaves

Something else new that is not quite finished.  I made some of these leaves a long time ago and then a few more recently for practice.  It is amazing how my skills are not what they used to be after spending time away from the torch for so long.  I don't agree with the people that say it is like riding a bicycle.  For me, I have to get that muscle memory back and it takes a few tries before I feel like my skills are up to par.  I am tenacious so if it doesn't work quite the way I think it should, I will keep trying until I am satisfied with the turnout.  I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!  I can relax now that all the dishes are done.

4 comments:

Tonya Vollertsen said...

Really pretty Jan! I've always thought these looked really hard to make. Glad you are back at the torch as you are so talented at it! See you soon!

Jan Locander said...

Thank you sweetie! I have been practicing so it gets a little easier with each one.

Unknown said...

nice blog ,,,thanks for sharing

Jan Locander said...

Thank you! I love your glass!